Last week the larger quilt group I belong to held a morning workshop that I used as an opportunity to use some more of my grandmother’s fabrics. The ‘50s fabrics had been sewn together to make a small top. I took the squares apart, resized them and sewed them together in the necessary arrangement for the pattern. You can refer to the post here to see the full directions/pattern. Despite the fact that the outside edges (before adding a border) were all bias, there was no distortion/stretching. I would definitely make this one again……in a bed size! This little cutie finished a little bit over 44”x 53”. A nice table covering size.
The green setting triangles, border and backing fabrics were from my stash….yay!! The thread was a Connecting Threads cotton and the backing was a floral left over from a wedding I did many years ago where the bridesmaids wore simple cotton dresses (it was a garden wedding). The quilting in the center pieced portion and the border is an echo paisley and the green triangles is feathers. All FMQ (free motion quilting).
I make my labels on the computer and they seem to hold up well, once heat set. This quilt has been through the washer and dryer. It was a very good project and the pattern allowed me to use any size blocks so it is a very good “stash buster”.