Victoria Finlay Wolfe is a “prime mover” in the Modern Quilt world. Her gorgeous quilt, “Double Edged Love” took Best of Show at the recently completed Quiltcon in Austin, Tx. Her blog, “Victoria Wolfe Quilts”/Bumblebeans Inc.” gives a great glimpse into what’s happening in that rapidly expanding category of quilting. She currently resides in New York City and has been instrumental in coordinating groups, who are meeting many charitable needs (such as hurricane Sandy victims), with quilters across the world who want to contribute “quilty hugs” to those who are hurting. In order to do this efficiently and accurately, she created a site called “Bumblebeans Basics” that will make it easier for her to keep track of all donations. On my sidebar, you will notice the link to this site where all the needed info is contained. If you aren’t currently aware of any such outlet/need in your immediate corner of the world or have a quilt, or two, in need of a loving home, please, consider checking this out! For those closer to my ‘stompin’ ground’, if you might need a little push to get involved in this endeavor, Victoria’s roots are at the North Shore/Duluth! Yup, a “local” gal. Thanks, in advance, for considering these thoughts……have a blessed day!!!
- A gorgeous sunny Saturday and…………… November 19, 2017
- For those who ‘think’ they have “extra” time……….. November 18, 2017
- Wordless Wednesday….from a Vintage perspective…… November 15, 2017
- And, oh yes, may I add…………… November 13, 2017
- It’s (another) Monday!!!!!!……… November 13, 2017
- My pre-Veterans’ Day Friday morning………. November 10, 2017
- A short Friday follow-up…….. November 10, 2017
- Not just today but every day………. November 10, 2017
Recreating Antique Quilts Blog Hop
Free Motion Friday
Free Motion Quilting Project
Bumble Beans Basics
Good Neighbor Award
Award of Excellence
- Follow Treadlemusic on WordPress.com
Oh My Stars!
Join me on social media…..