The floral prints required a floral stitching. I first posted about this quilt here and now it’s in the first stage of crinkly goodness (the rest will be achieved when washed and dried…….lovely!!!!)!
Once again, DH (a.k.a. “Awesome Quilt Holder”) was ready and, well not exactly, waiting!! The quilt is 63”x 90”. I don’t know the names of the top fabrics but the backing is from Connecting Threads. Perfect.
In the larger white blocks I did a FMQ “chrysanthemum” type flower and in the slightly smaller ones I did a 3-leaf grouping. It’s an all-over design stitched in the center portion. I SID (stitch in the ditch) to define the narrow border and then did a slightly different pattern in the 9” floral outer border. I “auditioned” the idea on my white board before starting.
The above 2 photos of the back (I really need to get better at picking off the stray threads!!!!) give you a pretty good idea of how the motif translated to the fabric from the white board. The stitching doesn’t show from the front (on the floral) but will have awesome texture once washed.
I used Isacord poly 40 wt thread (“violet”) on top and King Tut cotton 40 wt (variegated blue, #904) in the bobbin (perfect match for the backing).