Yay! This was a “learning” project, at least the final quilting was, as the ruler work was something I had not done before (except as an assist when stitching in the ditch to stabilize a quilt for FMQ). I am happy with it. The photo finish………
The colors are a little “funky” cuz I decided to take the pictures before the sun came in the windows too strongly and washed out the batiks. This has been machine washed and dried. Several “Color Catcher” sheets were thrown in for each process and most, not all, of the bleed was caught!! It was a weird result. Only the small red blocks seemed to run a bit and only through to the back……NOT to the sides/the muslin background!!!! Now, that’s odd!!!!!! I don’t have a good picture to show this and it’s hardly noticeable on the pale yellow backing. Have no clue!!!!!!
The finish is approx. 54”x65” and if you want to go back to the beginnings of this project, the first post is here and here. Then, merely put in “stained glass” in my blog ‘search’ box and the other posts will come up.
The Coats and Clark trilobal is not my favorite to quilt with. It doesn’t have the smooth finish that glides through the machine nicely, so it did break twice(!). The color was right so I went with it!!!! The fabrics are all from my stash. The pattern is from the magazine “Simple Quilts”, the Fall of 2013. The pattern is by Wendy Sheppard (Ivory Spring). I made it a bit larger with the addition of the outer border.
Onward……to the “challenge”………………………..