Is the “Cardinal panel” that I posted about earlier this year here. It’s been pin basted and at the ready for quite a while but, with a more wintery theme, I put it way back on the “to-do” list. I really didn’t want to prolong my “winter season” but charge into Spring but this was always in view in a corner of the sewing room. Onward….. a full length photo to help refresh your memory……….
Yesterday was spent SID (Stitch in the Ditch) around the “blocks” in the center portion (I stitched the inside and the outside of those narrow dark border ‘frames’ on the blocks) and the inside seam of the first narrow (blue/green) border. All this will stabilize the quilt (and give sharper definition of the printed blocks) for the next stitching. For thread, I used my favorite Connecting Threads Essential Pro Poly 70wt in black for the top thread and in a Turkey Red for the bobbin. It is fine enough to disappear into the fabric and simulate an actual seam. This top is made up of panel yardage with 2 repeats plus a partial repeat, which I cut apart to get the 4 “cornerstones” in the outer border.
I have some ideas for quilting motifs but haven’t totally visualized them yet. I have printed out several photos of the top to scribble/doodle some ideas on just like I did for the Stained Glass Quilt here.
These, along with my dry erase board and sketch book, will give me opportunity to try out some thoughts.
Stay tuned…………….doodling to follow!!!!
Have an awesome weekend and Mother’s Day Blessings to all those mothers out there!!!!!!!