A finish! On Thanksgiving I had a chance to do some piecing of triangles left from another project (see here) and, I’m happy to report, it’s completed. It’s a tablerunner (no pattern really) so I decided I had better give some sewing/quilting time to my Ms B (Bernina 440QE). She’s been setting idle for way too long….which is not good for any machine. I have covers for all my machines so dust was not a problem but still………. And besides that I had just purchased an open toe embroidery/fmq foot for her. Yes, I had gotten the BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) with her purchase (about 4+ yrs. ago!!) but I do NOT like any type of stitch regulator functions and prefer my own “hand guided” stitching (very fussy that way!!!).
I did all the piecing and fmq on Ms B and this new foot worked wonderfully for the fmq. It is not a “hopping” foot but rather it skims over the surface with just enough up/down movement to keep proper stitch formation. Great investment!!!!
Well, getting back to the project at hand. I kinda zoned out and that always results in this…………………. Now this really isn’t a huge amount to “frog” but I repeated this mis-stitching 2 more times!!!!!!! Ugh!!!!!
Thread used: Isacord “Apricot” (color#1220)….love this thread!!!!
Although Ms B performed wonderfully, I did miss the wonderful clear view of the project while stitching that Ms. Sweetie (Sweet 16) affords. For smaller motifs/tighter detail, though, this was an awesome experience.
Now, on to “sandwiching” another client’s quilt!!!! Christmas is definitely coming SOON!!!!!!!