Several months ago we altered the “landscape” in our front yard. See here. Trying to move forward on a small(?) project presents its own set of problems. The most major one is: our area has been experiencing a building/construction boom for the last few years while everywhere else there’s mostly been a slow down. Most contractors are doing larger projects and not available. Today, the concrete will be done (I hope!)………
Yay! Maybe there will be a structure there next year!!!
Activity inside is much more to my liking and interests! This little linen piece is a finish. See here for previous posts.
I had stitched the scalloped outline to stabilize and then lifted the tiny crochet edging to tuck the plume beginnings underneath. Worked well. If I hadn’t left the extra gold fabric, I would have trimmed very closely to the edge stitching I had done to the inside edge of the crochet portion. Any raw edges would be hidden and kept from raveling by this stitching.
And the finish…………………………
I used Glide thread (40 wt) as the top thread in White and Cantalope. The bobbin thread was Connecting Threads Essential Pro poly (70 wt). The batting was Hobbs Heirloom cotton/poly (80/20) with a very thin poly layer on top of it. The machine I used was my Juki TL2010Q (DSM). Machine quilting with this machine is awesome!!!!!!
Now, on to a bridesmaid dress alteration and shortening some jeans for DH. Several clients’ quilts are waiting along with a QOV. Busy days ahead and LOTS of FMQ!!!!!!