Of this piece (one of two….the other will not be stitched but will be the “comparison” before/after). I continued filling in all that beautiful “negative space”/border with feathers and dense straight line stitching…….. Close tight work……nose to fabric, almost!!!! LOL! Then, I needed to trim/take care of those ragged edges……(the photo, above, is the cleaned-up version; the photo, below, is what needed attention)………. I switched to my Bernina 440QE and threaded up with my beloved Glide poly thread (BOTH top and bobbin) and chose decorative stitch # 59…… and foot # 20……… .
I did one time around as programmed, then trimmed away the backing/batting closely and stitched another round in “mirror image”, encasing the raw edge. The result is very similar to the original!!! I’m pleased!!!!! . This photo is the same corner as the photo of the frayed corner back a bit!!! The backing was a cute piece of “Timeless Treasures” fabric from my stash. Below is a good comparison photo……..
Thread: Connecting Threads Essential Pro poly (70 wt), Glide poly (40 wt), Coats & Clark All Purpose. Batting:Hobbs Tuscany silk (2 layers).