In our little town (Houston, Minnesota) has always been observed with the Scouts serving an early breakfast then we transition to the central park for the service of remembrance. This year was no different. The school band was in awesome form and the attendance was, as always, high in numbers Local Scouts, in an effort to earn their Eagle Scout badge, have progressively put together the Veterans’ Memorial that was brought to completion with the final addition of all the flags/poles. The program was very moving and, especially so, with a roll call presentation of Quilts of Service to some of our local veterans….. These quilts were made by the local “Bent Needle” quilt group that was formed to make such quilts for Houston Vets. My larger quilt group, which meets in Spring Grove, Minnesota, decided that each town would better know their own veterans and formed individual town quilt groups to provide quilts rather than the larger group making them for all the towns represented in Houston County. The presentation was announced by spokesperson, Nancy, assisted by member, Maxine…….. The weather held and the rains didn’t come til late afternoon. Many lingered in the park to congratulate and visit with the recipients, friends and neighbors. A very excellent day indeed!
- A gorgeous sunny Saturday and…………… November 19, 2017
- For those who ‘think’ they have “extra” time……….. November 18, 2017
- Wordless Wednesday….from a Vintage perspective…… November 15, 2017
- And, oh yes, may I add…………… November 13, 2017
- It’s (another) Monday!!!!!!……… November 13, 2017
- My pre-Veterans’ Day Friday morning………. November 10, 2017
- A short Friday follow-up…….. November 10, 2017
- Not just today but every day………. November 10, 2017
Recreating Antique Quilts Blog Hop
Free Motion Friday
Free Motion Quilting Project
Bumble Beans Basics
Good Neighbor Award
Award of Excellence
- Follow Treadlemusic on WordPress.com
Oh My Stars!
Join me on social media…..