With a bit of clarification. When the current blue & white project was begun, I had 1 pillowcase that had the blue flower embroidery and 1 pillowcase that had the beautiful blue crochet edging (and no embroidery). These items were purchased at 2 different shops so, they were not meant to be a pair. I reduced the width of the band on the embroidered case by merely cutting off about half the band width (allowing for a small hem). These bands are always double fabric and that made it possible to press both raw edges to the inside. I, then, removed the crochet edging (easily done because it was hand stitched to the case!) and inserted it into the newly narrowed band. Wha-la……… I secured it by topstitching it at the folded hem edge. I did this to both the front and back hanger pieces. Above, a photo of the finished back piece. I did have to cut the crochet into 2 pieces (it was one continuous strip on the original case). I secured the cuts by machine stitching several times in the same spot. These raw edges will be further locked when the hanger front and back are seamed together. Note: I decided that there is a lot going on in the “body” of this and will be leaving that bottom band without fmq.
Thread: (top/bobbin) Connecting Threads Essential Pro poly, 70 wt. Batting: Hobbs Heirloom, cotton/poly, 80/20 (single layer)