Yup, friend, Jean, really gave me some beauties!! Huge oversight: I forgot to take the obligatory ‘before’ photo! ……..sigh……… Well…moving to the process that transpired……….
First, some registration markings (not many needed on this one!!), with leaves that quickly followed………… Many of my design ideas require only ‘quadrant’ markings. The background micro-stippling gives the dimension I love!! And another…… Micro-stippling adds the “wow” factor!
Before I could work on the outer border area, I had to cut back the backing & batting to allow the beautiful lace edging to really ‘shine’ when finished. Back view: The raw edges of the backing/batting will have the binding (made as usual) stitched to the 2 edges (between the top linen piece and the batting…keeping the linen free and the binding folded edge extending OUTward—-sorry if this is confusing!). This binding will, then be hand sewn to the back after the border is quilted. Inserting the binding piece. The finish(after the border is quilted).
This was done with a single layer of Hobbs Heirloom cotton/poly (80/20).
Right click any photo to enlarge.
Next up, a cute table runner kit I’ve pieced since arriving in Texas……….. Anyone taking a stitching break? New projects/ideas swirling in your head just waiting to burst forth???? Till next time…….hugs……
Pingback: The Endeavourers’ Reveal Day 13 – Memories | Deep in the Heart of Textiles
Hello! I’m trying to get back into blogging and so appreciate you stopping by mine.
Your work, as always, is beautiful!
Hope you are well and safe during these challenging days!
This “getting back into blogging” thing is a roller coaster ride lately. I’ve been stitching constantly but really have no desire to put together a post!!!! Yikes!!!! sigh………..maybe tomorrow…………….
The vintage piece is just gorgeous, the leaves look so elegant, and the micro stippling really adds depth. Your table runner looks so happy, a day brightener for sure. I have been a busy bee working toward finishes on several large projects. The girls could not come home, so I’m using my time off to clean and sew! They come to clean the furnace ducts tomorrow, and we are praying it makes a huge difference for Greg’s breathing. He was doing great until we turned the furnace on this fall. Within 72 hours he was struggling, so we think this might be a major contributor.
I do hope the cleaning produces good results. We did the same some years ago but, honestly, didn’t notice any difference. Thank you for your sweet comment!
They are just finishing, and I heard so much debris going through the hoses! They are certain now that the ducts were not cleaned after they were flooded in 1972, so who know what nastiness has been hanging out in there! We are hopeful!
Lovely! And a most interesting approach to binding.
It went well but the process needs a bit of tweaking….lol……as most of these do after first go-round! Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment!!!! Hugs…….